This should come as no surprise to most…
I simply LOVE the sounds of the Christmas season!
From old Christmas classics to newly composed treasures, my holiday music collection is quite expansive. No genre or taste is off limits…even the pieces that can be somewhat embarrassing for you to fess up on owning.
Christmas tunes make the Christmas magic come alive…
Whether it is the childhood memory the song provokes or the sounds of the Christmas Choir or just simply the happiness I experience upon listening, I really can’t pin point it… All I know is once November rolls around, rest assured Christmas sounds can be heard streaming from my apartment, car or computer at work. I LOVE finding new Christmas albums to add to my collection just as much as pulling out old standbys….In my book, they’re all winners and bring me peace amidst the crazy hustle and bustle that can consume you during this time of year…Some tell the true Christmas Story; Others speaks of cold winter nights; While others still, spill over with love and adoration of family, friends and togetherness. Whatever their respective meanings, I just simply LOVE them.
My Christmas Must Have Listens…. (in no particular order)
- Sarah McLachlan, Wintersong
- James Taylor, at Christmas
- The Carpenters, Christmas Portrait
- Bing Crosby, White Christmas
- Josh Groban, Noel
- Vince Guaraldi Trio, A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Glee, A Christmas ALbum
- New Kids on the Block, Merry, Merry Christmas
- Amy Grant, A Christmas Album
- Faith Hill, Joy to the World
- Sheryl Crow, Home for Christmas
- Wilson Phillips, Christmas in Harmony
- Dave Barnes, Very Merry Christmas
- Sting, If on A Winter’s Night…
- The Statler Brothers, Christmas Card
- Heather Henry, Christmas
- Gene Autry, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Burl Ives, The Very Best of Burl Ives Christmas
- Luther Vandross, This is Christmas
- John Fahey, Christmas Guitar, Vol. 1
I could keep going, but you get my drift…easy listens, heart warming renditions, from beginning to end, the sounds of the season speak to me. Enjoy the sounds that warm your heart and make you whole.
I leave you with one of my favorites…