Ya, I know…. I’ve still been slacking. Barely squeaking out a post a week these days…..
I’m not going to promise to post more frequently because every time I say I’m going to do that, I post even less!
Lots has been going on but really nothing at all at the same exact time. Does that even make sense?!? In my twisted little corner of the earth it COMPLETELY does. 😉
And what does a blogging slacker get rewarded with?!?
What’s that you say????
Yup…. A blogging award!
In the midst of my slacker-dom in the blogging world, I somehow managed to get an award thrown my way from one of my dearest blogging friends and most favorite-est people ever, the fantastically-fabulous and incredibly-hilarious Donna at The Redneck Princess. This lady is the perfect addition to your daily reading material as she is funny as all get out, she’s as REAL as they come and she’s one of my biggest supporters. AND to boot she’s pretty kick-ass at all this technology stuff and currently flaunting ( I mean that in the nicest way possible! xoxo) it well at her NEW SELF-HOSTED home for The Redneck Princess. It looks phenomenal so check it out!!!! OODLES of thanks my friend! You are one “Versatile Blogger” and am happy to be lumped in that category along side ya.
Sooooooo…. on with the deeds I must do.
Here’s the dealio…
- Thank and link to the person who nominates you
- Share seven random facts about you
- Pass this award to five new blogging friends
- Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers
Now to the nitty gritty…. doling out the digs…
Just a disclaimer… you know I love you all but…. I’ve been a slacker for much too long so I think I should at least pick some peeps instead of giving it to everyone. 😉
1. The Ramblings
– ah, the lovely Tori… I know Donna passed this along your way but I can’t help but slap another one on ya! Tori’s ramblings are my newest addiction in blogging land. I’m not sure exactly how long our paths have crossed, but all I do know is she simply cracks me up with each and every read. PLUS, she’s doing some pretty cool stuff with her wedding
! Check her out!!! You’re an absolute gem, Tori! 🙂
For the next four, I’m going with some of my tried, true and trusty blogging friends on this one… The ones who have been by my side since the very beginning and supporting me along the way.
2. The Wordsmith’s Desk
– If you are a poetry lover or an inspiration seeker, this is the place to go. LeRoy’s daily musings have a way of centering me and putting me in check during all of the craziness that I tend to let consume me. He’s a kind soul and his positive messages are a true inspiration.
3. Laughter Is Catching
– There aren’t enough adjectives in the english language to accurately describe this lovely gal… Miss Tink has been scheming a way to get me on one those them there aero-plane thing-a-ma-jigs along with the fabulous Miss Vix since we first became blogging pals at the beginning of this year. She’s a hoot, insightful and one of the sweetest and real chicas I know. She will make you laugh… Go on now… catch the bug and head on over her way.
4. Mirth and Motivation
– Eliz is truly a breath of fresh air… Her positive outlook on life is infectious. Her words are so incredibly eloquent in each and every post. She continues to motivate me and help me to hunker down and focus or take a step back and just breathe for a minute whenever it’s needed.
5. Little Miss Vix
– My long-lost sister from across the pond. 🙂 Vix was my very first subscriber many moons ago leading us to become quick friends bantering alongside Tink. From music and fashion to writing and reading she covers it all! One day we will cause a raucous with Tink over there or here… it must happen one way or another!
So there you have my five picks of the litter…. It really is hard to do as I have sooooo many favorites and much respect for my fellow writers out here. 🙂
NOW to the INCREDIBLY hard part… sharing 7 random facts about myself (Ummmmmmmm…. I’ve already listed 100 here
so this is gonna be rough!!! 🙂 )
1… I am an extreme lover of peanut butter & Nutella. On bread, bananas, pretzels or by the spoonful. Alone or a little of both. Pretty sure I could eat them both every day if I let myself!
2… I think perhaps I may be a bit obsessive compulsive in some regards. Not in ways involving specific rituals or routines per say. More along the lines of once I get a notion in my head (good or bad) I can’t shake it… honestly I can’t control it. Sometimes it can be a good thing yet other times it’s not so much. I think it may tie in to the worrier in me. I dunno, but it’s led me to be known as “the persister” by some.
3… I ask questions. A lot of questions. If you tell me you’re cooking dinner, know that I am going to ask WHAT you’re making. I’ll ask HOW it’s coming along, only to be followed by my asking how it turned out and if it was yummy. Numbers 2 & 3 correlate well or work against each other depending on the situation.
4… I love to paint my nails. Both fingers & toes. However, I hate taking nail polish off so don’t be surprised if you see me with chipped polish! 🙂
5… I’m probably the biggest klutz you’ll ever meet. Between falling up the stairs more times than I care to admit and walking into things, I’m a cluster of accidents waiting to happen. Amazingly I’ve never broken anything more than a toe or two.
6… I am a procrastinator. I should have been writing this post about a week ago whenever I was first given this award…. but I started putting it off & now here I sit. Finally, 3 days into writing this post, I’m finally finishing it. I can know about a crafty project 3 months ahead of time but without fail the week before it needs to be completed I am against the wall cranking it out at the last-minute. (I will say some of my best writing has occurred @ 4:00 AM, only hours before a research paper was due!) Time management is NOT my forte… going to make a concerted effort. LATER. 🙂
7… I am a “fixer”. When there’s a problem I want to fix it. If a friend is in distress I want to help. If someone is down I want to cheer them up. If someone is sick I want to make them feel better. Giving words of encouragement or a listening ear may be all it takes but I’m always up for a challenge. The hardest part tends to be when you surround yourself with people who tend not to reciprocate when you are the one that needs some fixing.
Soooooo…. there you have it. 7 more dirty little secrets about yours truly. Now you know wayyyyy more about me than you probably ever wanted!
Time for me to get back to business. Time to take my nail polish off & paint my nails.
Eh, maybe later. 😉